Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Oreo Pops

I signed up to bring cookies to a baby shower at school.  Someone else was bringing sugar cookies, so I needed to think of something else.  I still wanted something cute and girly, not just a regular cookie.  Someone else was bringing cupcakes.  I thought about cake pops, but they're not a cookie and are close to cupcakes.

I did a Google Image Search of baby shower desserts.  There were a lot of cute ideas...mostly sugar cookies, cupcakes and cake pops.  Not what I was looking for.  Then I saw one that had Oreo Pops. 


This was perfect.  They count as a cookie and I could make them cute and pink.  I did a quick search and found out how to make them.  They were pretty easy (easier than cake pops).

Oreo Pops
From: Easy Baked 

INGREDIENTS:
One package of Double Stuff Oreos
2 (12oz.) bags of Wilton White Candy Melts (any color)
24 Lollipop sticks
edible glitter, sprinkles or whatever type of decoration you wish

DIRECTIONS: 
Carefully twist apart all of the Oreo cookies.  I used the store brand cookies.  These twisted apart quite easily.  Others had commented they had a hard time not breaking any cookies and I didn't break any.

Using one of the pop sticks, make an indentation in the white filling of each cookie.

Melt the Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until completely melted and smooth. You could also use a double boiler

Dip the end of one stick into the melted white chocolate, drizzle a little in the center of the white cookie filling and then gently press it into the indentation made.

Place the top of the cookie back on and allow white chocolate to harden (5 minutes or so), cementing the cookie back together with a stick inside.
Holding the stick, lower the entire Oreo into the bowl of melted white chocolate, spooning it over the top and sides to cover it completely.

Allow the excess chocolate to drain off and gently place covered Oreo on a piece of parchment paper to harden. 

Top with edible glitter (or whatever topping you are using) immediately before the chocolate hardens.  You can also drizzle any extra chocolate you have over the cookie.


I put some floral foam in these white bowls.  Then I covered them with clear stones and tissue paper.  It made a cute display with all the other treats that people brought.





No comments:

Post a Comment