Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fall Baking

I love fall...the changing trees, cool days, and pumpkin pie.  I love all things pumpkin.  The past few weeks I have been very busy baking with pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.  Here's a quick run down on what I've made.


Pumpkin Spice Donut Hole Muffins
From: Glorious Treats
These were for my husband to take to work.  A great, yummy treat any time of day.

Candy Corn Cupcakes
I saw these on Pinterest and they were perfect for the Fall Festival at my husband's school.


Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookies
Another great recipe from Glorious Treats.  I made these for school and they gotten eaten up quickly.  A great fall cookie.



Pumpkin Cupcake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
From: Half Baked
These were great.  Super moist and not too much cinnamon in the frosting.

No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
From: Skinnytaste
This was really easy and really yummy.  She used a pre-made pie graham cracker crust, but I made my own. 


Pumpkin Fudge
From: jamiecooksitup
This was great.  It was rich, but not too rich.  It made a lot, so next time I would probably half the recipe.  It's a bad picture, really looks much better in real life.

 
Cinnamon Cheesecake with Pumpkin Pie Frosting
From: gimme some oven
I made these for Thanksgiving. They were delicious and since they have pumpkin pie on top, no one missed having a regular pie.

Pecan Phyllo Tarts
From: Skinnytaste
This was the other dessert for Thanksgiving.  They are made with frozen phyllo cups, so they were quick to make. 

Pumpkin Pie
Filling From: Skinny Taste
Crust From: Made
For our second, Thanksgiving my sister requested pumpkin pie for dessert.  I found the pie filling on Skinny Taste.  It was good and I couldn't tell a difference from my old pie recipe.  She used ready made pie crust, but I tried a new recipe that I found.  This recipe used vinegar and an egg.  It made a great crust.  The recipe makes enough for more than one pie.  Now I have crust ready to go in the freezer.

Chocolate Pie
From: You Say Tomato
I made this for Thanksgiving also.  It is a great recipe from a friend.  It uses tofu in the filling, so it has a lot of protein.  She has started teaching her own cooking classes and has some great recipes.

Now I'm ready for Christmas baking.  Bring on the peppermint and gingerbread!





No comments:

Post a Comment