Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Football Cake: Super Bowl Party


super bowl party, 49ers bunting

 My husband is a huge 49ers fan and as soon as they made it to the super bowl he said he wanted to host a party.  I was all for it because I wanted to make a football cake. He told me that was all I was allowed to make and that he didn’t want me to go overboard.  Of course I couldn’t just do a cake.  I had to make some cute football cookies and try out my new push pop containers that I recently got from Pick Your Plum. 

super bowl party, football cake, football cookies, football push pops

I used my Pampered Chef Batter bowl for the cake.  It’s the same one that I used for the Barbie cake last summer.  Football cakes look a little weird.  People were joking that it looked like meatloaf.  I had fun making it and it tasted great.  I used the same chocolate cake recipe from Glorious Treats that I have used before.  I also made my own fondant.  It’s a marshmallow fondant with almond extract.  I think that it tastes way better than the store bought stuff, but I have to practice working with it a little more.
football cake

The push pops were a last minute addition.  I wanted to practice before I make some princess ones for my niece’s up coming birthday.  They were fun to make, but I should have had three layers of cake to fill it up a little more. 
super bowl push pops, football push pops

Although the outcome of the game wasn’t what we had hoped, the party was fun and I got to do some baking and crafting.  

cookies, football cookies, 49ers cookies, super bowl cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment