Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pump It Up Tea Party: Ruby's Fifth Birthday

I haven't done a lot of blogging lately, because I haven't done a lot of baking and sewing.  One of my last big projects was my niece Ruby's fifth birthday party.
She had been talking about wanting a tea party for months.  My sister and I went into planning mode and had a ton of great ideas.  Then Ruby went to a party at Pump It Up and started talking about having her next party there. Always thinking ahead:)

My sister then decided to partner up with another mom to do a joint birthday party.  It was one of Ruby's good friends from school, their birthday's are days apart, and most of the same kids would be invited to both.  The final decision was to do a Pump It Up tea party. 

For the party favors I made tutus for the girls and appliqued tie t-shirts for the boys.



Since I always make Ruby a birthday shirt, I made the birthday girls t-shirts with teacups on them (somehow I didn't get a picture of them).  I made a matching outfit for her American Girl Doll.


The party guests got their shirts and tutus after the jumping part of the party, but the birthday girls wanted to wear theirs the whole time.  Tutus didn't stop them from doing the climbing wall.


For dessert I made cupcakes with cookie toppers.  I like cookie toppers better than fondant because they taste a lot better.

My sister thought it would be cute to serve the girls theirs in tea cups.  We were going to buy some, when my mom reminded me I had a whole set from my dad in my garage.  I then used the matching plates to serve the rest of the cupcakes.





The girls loved them and wanted to keep their tea cups.  I guess I'll just have to have another tea party for Ruby so she can use them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment