Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Patchwork and Minky Baby Blanket and Burp Cloths

A friend of mine is having a baby boy in May.  I knew that I wanted to make a patchwork blanket for the little guy, but wasn't sure of the colors I wanted to use at first.  When I got the invitation to her shower with cute blue and gray elephants I headed straight to Etsy.  I found a great bundle of Michael Miller fabrics.   I loved the colors and designs.  I was so excited when it arrived in the mail...I couldn't wait to get started. 

This is the second patchwork blanket that I've made with minky as the backing.  I love how soft they are.  I wasn't sure I wanted to use minky, since he is a May baby and summers are pretty warm here.  Even with the minky it is lightweight.  Perfect for our cool evenings. 
I added a contrasting fabric for a border.  I love how it looks and is a great finishing touch. 
These burp cloths are my signature gift.  I first made them for my sister when my niece E was born.  She said they were great.  Great size and super soft. I've made them for all of my friends and some for me and the Bug (I still use them even though we're past the spit up phase.  They're great for his teething drool).
I love how they turned out.  This fabric bundle is one of my favorites that I've purchased.  I might have to order some more for any future baby boys that are on their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment