Friday, March 16, 2012

Better Than Crack Brownies

Here is another treat that includes Rice Krispies.  I had no idea how many different types of Rice Krispies Treats there were.  They make for some very yummy treats!  They were called Better-Than-Crack-Brownies on the blog that I found them.  I may need to come up with a more family friendly name if I make them again:)


I made these for a bake sale at my husbands school.  They were pretty easy to make.  It was made in layers and had to cool between layers, so that took some time.  No difficult baking techniques involved.

Better Than Crack Brownies
From How Sweet It Is

1 batch brownies (boxed mix or your own brownie recipe)
1/2 cup salted peanuts (if don’t have salted, add sea salt)
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Instructions:

1. Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. 2. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.
3. While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. 
4. Stir in cereal. 
5. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.


I never actually got to eat one of these, so I hope they were good.  I packaged them up for the bake sale thinking they would sell them each individually.  They decided that since they were already packaged they would sell them as a batch.  My husband said that when he went by the sale they were gone within a few minutes.  I guess that's a good sign. 



No comments:

Post a Comment