Saturday, March 24, 2012

Giants Snuggie and Bacon Roses

I always have a hard time figuring out what to get my husband for his birthday.  This year he treated himself to a trip to Arizona to watch Giants spring training.  While he was gone, I worked on a few things for him.

First was a Giants Snuggie.  I actually bought the fleece for our anniversary in August, but hadn't got around to making the snuggie. It was actually pretty easy to make.  A few cuts and a couple of seams and it was done.


Second, were bacon roses. As I mentioned before he absolutely loves bacon.  I get roses for my birthday every year, so when I saw these on Pinterest I knew they would be perfect.  The directions say to use a mini muffin pan and drill a hole in the bottom of each to for the grease to drain.  I didn't want to take the time to drill the holes or ruin a perfectly good muffin pan, so I used a disposable aluminum pan.  I poked a few holes in the bottom and it worked fine.


The directions say to put it on a roasting pan to catch the drippings.  I wish I would have lined the roasting pan with foil.  It would have made for a much easier clean up.


They turned out great.  When he first walked in the door, he thought they were real roses sitting on the table.  It was the smell of the bacon that made him look closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment