Monday, February 20, 2012

Individual Baked Oatmeal

A few weeks ago my sister asked me if I could find her a recipe for an oatmeal bar.  I went to Pinterest and found this recipe for individual baked oatmeal.  They looked really good and I'm always looking for easy things to eat for breakfast, so I decided to make some for myself.


The recipe that I used is from The Kitchen is Calling.  She modified a recipe from Money Saving Mom.  They turned out great and I will definitely make them again.

Individual Baked Oatmeal

3 eggs
1 Tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
1 banana, sliced
1 cup fruit of your choice — I used raisins.  I think that blueberries would be good also
5 cup old fashioned oats 1 teaspoon salt 3 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamin
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/2 cup skim milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, vanilla and sugar, then stir in all the fruit.
In another bowl, combine the oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; stir to mix well.
Pour in the milk and stir until combined.  The mixture will be pretty soupy.
Scoop mixture into paper-lined muffin cups (I sprayed mine with cooking spray too just to make sure they would come out easily) – scoop with a measuring cup and make sure they have an even amount of liquid in each cup.

Bake 35-40 minutes.

They probably aren't quite as healthy as the original recipe because I used brown sugar instead of the Stevia and didn't use applesauce, but they have to better than other options out there. Both sites also recommended freezing them.  I thought this was a great idea because they wouldn't go bad and last me a while.  I put one in the microwave for 35 seconds and have a yummy, mostly healthy breakfast that I can eat in the car.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment