Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sopapilla Cheesecake

When I first saw this I had no idea what sopapilla was, but when I saw cheesecake I knew it was something I needed to try.  I did a little Googling and found out the sopapilla is a fried dough that originated in New Mexico. 



This was super easy to make and super delicious.  You can't go wrong with crescent rolls, cream cheese, sugar, butter and cinnamon though.

Ingredients:
-2 cans pillsbury butter crescent rolls
-2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
-1 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/4 cup butter (melted)
-Cinnamon & sugar

Instructions:
Unroll and spread 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of un-greased 9x13 pan. Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over crescent rolls. Unroll and spread remaining crescent rolls over mixture. Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.


I served it warm.  It also reheated nicely and I served it the next day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment