Sunday, August 19, 2012

Receiving Blanket and Burp Cloths

When I first started sewing my sister sent me a link about some super soft burp cloths.  She was pregnant at the time, so I think she was hoping I'd make some for her.  Of course I did and for many other friends.  They have become my go to baby gift.  I love looking for cute flannels and the backing that I found is so soft. 

burp cloth

Then I decided to make a coordinating blanket to go with the burp cloths.  I gave the first set to a friend and within weeks of her son being born she asked if I could make her another one.  She said they were her favorite blankets. 

My brother's friend recently had a baby boy.  My mom asked if I would make some burp cloths to send to him.  I made a coordinating blanket too.

burp cloth, receiving blanket

I recently learned how to use the twin needle on my machine.  I thought that using it for the blanket would be a nice added detail rather than a single top stitch.


I think it turned out great.  I hope that baby Graeme likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment