Sunday, August 19, 2012

Toddler Blanket

My 2 1/2 year old niece loves Yo Gabba Gabba.  A few months ago I was fabric shopping in San Luis Obispo and found some Yo Gabba Gabba flannel.  I knew I had to get it and make her something.

Originally, I thought that I would make a pillow case.  Unfortunately, the design went the wrong direction.  I was making a receiving blanket and thought that I could make her a blanket too.
toddler blanket

I've never used minky and I thought that I would try it for this.  It is very soft, but not super thick.  I really like the way it turned out.

toddler blanket

I used the twin needle to top stitch this also.  It looks a little more professional, I think.

We were going on vacation with my husband's family, so I took it with us to give to her.  I gave it to her on the first day and she used it the whole time we were there.  Throughout the week she would randomly come up to me, give me a hug and say "Thank you for my blanket Auntie Caiti"  I'd say she liked it.



1 comment:

  1. Is the Yo Gabba Gabba fleece? Do you know where I can find some?

    ReplyDelete