Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tagalong Cupcakes

I found this recipe in the fall and was waiting for Girl Scout Cookie time to make them. 


tagalong cupcake

Unfortunately for me, I wasn't eating treats when it was cookie time. I still bought my cookies and just put them in the freezer until I was ready to enjoy them.

I kind of forgot about them:) Then one day I was going through the freezer and found them. I knew it was time for this recipe. They were so good. My husband ate three of them and gave himself a stomach ache. I gave a few to my mom and step dad and he asked if I had any more after they finished them. I'll definitely make these again next Girl Scout Cookie season. 

Tagalong Cupcakes
Ingredients:
For the Cupcakes
1 white cake mix  
1 box Girl Scout Tagalongs 
For the Frosting 1 c. butter, softened  
1/2 c. peanut butter  
2 tbsp. water  
2-4 tbsp. honey  
1 tsp. vanilla  
1/8 tsp. salt  
4 c. powdered sugar
Instructions:
For the Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350* Place liners in cupcake pan. Make up the cake mix according to the directions. Put 2 tbsp. of batter in the liner. Set a cookie on top and then finish filling the liner with batter. Fill it at least 3/4 of the way full. Bake 22 minutes. Let cool. Frost with Honey Peanut Butter Cream. 


tagalong cupcake
For the Frosting
Cream butter and peanut butter. Add the water, salt, and vanilla and cream again. Slowly add the powdered sugar. After all the sugar is added, beat in another 1-2 tbsp. water. Then beat in the honey until creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment