Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Roll

I love peanut butter.  If a dessert has peanut butter in, I will eat it.  When I saw this recipe, I knew that I had to make it.  It is a nice twist on a Rice Krispie Treat.  As I was making these, I realized that I don't think I've ever made Rice Krispie Treats before.  I don't think I'll ever make regular ones after having these.  They were delicious.  They were also pretty quick to whip up if you need a dessert and don't have a lot of time.

The recipe came from MADE, one of my favorite blogs.

Prep:
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Generously spray it with non-stick spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, microwave for 2 min:
1 package mini marshmallows - 10.5 oz (appx 6 and 2/3 cups)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
 
                          




Stir ingredients and add:
5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies

Mix well and spread mixture on the greased waxed paper. Coat hands with non-stick spray and flatten out Rice Krispie mix until it is even and compressed. Set aside.


Melt Together: 

1 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips

I used a double boiler on the stove, but she recommended microwaving in 20 second intervals.  I wanted to make sure that I didn't burn the chocolate.




Spread the melted peanut butter and chocolate onto the Rice Krispie mixture.




Roll the Rice Krispie mixture horizontally into one log--lift the wax paper at one end to help. Refrigerate for appx 30 minutes. Slice and serve.


My brother was kind of hovering over me as I was making them.  I think he was disappointed I went to bed before I cut them!

No comments:

Post a Comment